Okay. So the time has come, 11th Dimension Press is ready to start recruiting bands to participate in our ROCK IS NOT DEAD (#RIND) project.
In case you haven’t heard, the #RIND project is…
a Hybrid Project!
#RIND is a multi-dimensional project that will include a series of text-based short stories, as well as a series of graphic-based short stories all inspired by rock songs.
The final product will be distributed in multiple formats and a variety of packages:
- The short stories will be sold together in a beautifully bound print edition,
- They will be sold together in both Kindle and iBook formats,
- They will also be sold individually in both Kindle and iBook formats,
- The Anthology and the Soundtrack will be sold as a set that will include the print edition and the soundtrack on CD,
- Each story and the song that inspired them will be made available for download in mini-sets, and
- Finally, the anthology and the soundtrack will be available in an amazing limited edition box set including a special print edition of the short stories paired with vinyl edition of the soundtrack!
This is sure to be one amazing project so don’t be left out!
11D Press anticipates recruiting 20+ bands to record cover songs and (in some cases) original music for the #RIND soundtrack. The list of songs that will be included on the soundtrack has not yet been finalized so bands will be chosen based on their interpretation of two songs, bands are asked to make demo recordings of 2 of the following songs:
- Arctic Monkeys – Do I Wanna Know
- Radio Head – Karma Police
- Metallica – Trapped Under Ice
- Semisionic – Closing Time
- Pink Floyd – Wish You Were Here
- The White Buffalo – Damned
- Led Zepplin – When the Levee Breaks
- U2- The Fly
- The Beatles – I Want To Hold Your Hand
THESE ARE NOT SONGS CHOSEN FOR THE SOUNDTRACK! There is no advantage to choosing one of these songs over another. In fact, bands are free to substitute an a cover song of their own choosing or original songs for one of the above.
Musicians/Bands are asked to upload their recordings to a DropBox account then send the links to the files to email@example.com. Include in your email a brief bio of the band and links to all your social media accounts. If the band or musician is collaborating with a specific author or artists, be sure to indicate the name or names of the authors/artists.
The deadline for submissions is:
March 1st 2015
April 1st 2015
That said, the sooner we here at the 11D Press hears your recordings, the sooner we can include you in the #RIND project!